Animal Rescue Project is led by a Board of Directors with ten members, as defined by the organization’s bylaws. There are four officer positions and an additional six Board members.
Officers are James Di Loreto, Board President, John Hertel, Board Secretary, and Sally Higgins, Treasurer. The Vice President position is currently vacant.
Board members are appointed by the Board and serve two-year renewable terms. The Board provides general direction for Animal Rescue Project, safeguards its Code of Conduct, and provides financial oversight. The Board is organized into three committees:
- Oversight of the organization’s Bylaws
- Recruitment of new Board members
- Recruitment and election of Board officers
Sustainability and Development Committee
- Responsible for developing succession plans
- Responsible for the oversight of website 2.0 development
- Responsible for capital improvement prioritization and projects
Fund-Raising and Community Outreach Committee
- Develops an annual calendar of activities and events
- Oversees messaging content and vehicles—local media, social media
- Chairs the annual Lucky Paws Dinner and Silent Auction
Animal Rescue Project focuses on saving at-risk pets in pound facilities. We save homeless pets, one at a time, give them medical care and a safe temporary home, and provide responsible adoption services to those seeking pets.
Kalamazoo, MI 49001