Animal Rescue Project is led by a Board of Directors with ten members, as defined by the organization’s bylaws. There are four officer positions and an additional six Board members.
Officers are James Di Loreto, Board President; Torry Chafty, Board Vice President; John Hertel, Board Secretary; and Sally Higgins, Treasurer.
Board members are appointed by the Board and serve two-year renewable terms. The Board provides general direction for Animal Rescue Project, safeguards its Code of Conduct, and provides financial oversight. The Board is organized into three committees:
- Oversight of the organization’s Bylaws
- Recruitment of new Board members
- Recruitment and election of Board officers
Sustainability and Development Committee
- Responsible for developing succession plans
- Responsible for the oversight of website 2.0 development
- Responsible for capital improvement prioritization and projects
Fund-Raising and Community Outreach Committee
- Develops an annual calendar of activities and events
- Oversees messaging content and vehicles—local media, social media
- Chairs the annual Lucky Paws Dinner and Silent Auction
Animal Rescue Project focuses on saving at-risk pets in pound facilities. We save homeless pets, one at a time, give them medical care and a safe temporary home, and provide responsible adoption services to those seeking pets.
Kalamazoo, MI 49001